- Pupils leave school knowing almost nothing about core Christian beliefs.
- Pupils are often exposed to Mickey Mouse Relgious Education that they find babyish and unchallenging.
- Pupils are unable to think coherently about religious beliefs and how they shape our lives.
- Pupils understand RE in almost complete isolation from the rest of the curriculum.
- Pupils are rarely challenged when they spout nonsensical claptrap.
Hello – my name's little Dave and I'm an emotivist.
I don't like stamp collecting or coin collecting. I've no interest in football or computer games – and so I've decided to become an emotivist.
A lot of you out there don't know what an emotivist is and you've no idea why it is such an exciting thing to be one. I'm so excited about this!
Over the next few months I will be blogging about stories that I believe to be powerful and worth telling. Some of the stories are inspiring. Some will 're-enchant' the world. This one falls into a different category. It challenges hidden secular idolatry.